Welcome to the Beginning of the Application Process for Drake University Head Start
- Complete and submit the online contact record.
- After submitting the online contact record, a member of the Recruitment Team will contact you within five working days to arrange a convenient time to continue the application process. At that time further explanation will be provided to you as to what information you will need to gather (listed below) and at what point in the process it is needed.
Family Income (For 1 year)
Income tax return, 1040, W2, 12 month pay stubs, written statement form employers, or documentation of TANF/FIP and SSI (bring current notice of decision)
Child's Birth Verification
Medipass, Hospital or State certificate
- Child's Physical Exam (Within 1 year or current for age)
- A Lead Test and Hemoglobin must be included (if child is one year of age or older)
- Child's Immunization Card
- Child's Dental Exam (Within 12 months if child is one year of age or older)
- Family Income (For 1 year)
Please understand that every application submitted to Drake University Early Head Start/Head Start is not guaranteed acceptance into the program.
For more information about the application process, please contact
Drake University Head Start at
515-271-1854 or 1-800-44-DRAKE ext. 1854
3206 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311