Drake University Head Start wants to keep children and staff safe. We need your help!!!
Due to COVID-19, we have made more updates as your child returns to school.
- Drake University Head Start (DUHS) will be following the guidance of the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS), the Office of Head Start (OHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Drake University (DU) when making health and safety decisions for the program.
- Your child’s classroom may be closed more often and for longer periods of time to ensure a safe environment.
- You MUST monitor the health of your child and family daily at home.
- You MUST be honest with us about your child’s health! If you are not honest, you risk exposing the classroom to illness, causing the classroom to close.
- DO NOT bring your child to school if he/she is sick. If you will not be bringing your child to school, you must call the classroom by 8:00 am.
- We will be using the “Guide to Childhood Illness” document as a guide for illness for your child. (A copy is provided in your handbook).
- You should have a back up plan for your child if school is canceled.
- We must have a working phone number so we are able to contact with you at all times.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE:
- Make sure your child does not have a temperature, is feeling well and does not have any symptoms of illness.
- Only one adult may come to the door when dropping off and picking up your child. That parent will sign the child in at drop off and sign the child out for the day at pick up time.
- Only the child will be allowed in the classroom.
- No personal items (blankets, stuffed animals) can be brought to school with your child.
CHANGES AT SCHOOL:
- As school returns, we will NOT be requiring children and staff to wear masks.
- If you would like your child to continue to mask, please let your child’s teacher know. Drake University Head Start will supply masks for your child.
- Masking could change at anytime as we monitor illness rates in the classrooms and home visiting programs.
If you have questions please contact, Heidi J. Ball, RN, Health & Nutrition Manager, Drake University Head Start 515-271-3771. 7/1/2022