Drake University Head Start wants to keep children and staff safe. We need your help!!!
Due to COVID-19, we have made more updates as your child returns to school.
- Drake University Head Start (DU HS) will be following the guidance of the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS), the Office of Head Start (OHS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Drake University (DU) when making decisions for the program.
- Your child’s classroom may be closed more often and for longer periods of time to ensure a safe environment.
- You must monitor the health of your child and family daily at home.
- DO NOT bring your child to school if he/she or anyone else in your home is sick. If you will not be bringing your child to school, you must call the classroom by 8:00 am.
- We must have a working phone number for us to be in contact with you at all times.
- You must be honest with all of the daily questions that you are asked about your child’s health when dropping them off at school.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE:
- Only one adult may come to the door when dropping off and picking up your child and only the child will be allowed in the classroom.
- No personal items (blankets, stuffed animals) can be brought to school with your child.
- Program staff will take your child’s temperature daily and assess the child’s health before the adult dropping off the child leaves.
CHANGES AT SCHOOL:
- Our staff will be wearing masks daily.
- Children will be wearing masks daily, except during meals and rest time. (Starting February 1, 2021)
- Drake University Head Start will supply face masks.
- You can send your child with a mask from home. It will be sent home daily and washed daily. DU HS will not wash your masks and will not be responsible for lost masks.
Teaching staff will provide you with more information.
- Your child’s classroom will be cleaned daily and more often as needed.
- You will not be able to enter or visit your child in the classroom to limit the chance of exposures.
- All of the meals provided for your child will be served by our staff and will not be served family-style.
- Toothbrushing will not be done in the classroom until DHS or OHS guidance allows.
As more information is available to us, we will pass along any changes to you.
If you have questions please contact, Heidi J. Ball, RN, Health & Nutrition Manager, Drake University Head Start 515-271-3771. 01/19/2021